1: "Big girls need big diamonds."
“大女孩需要大钻石。”
2: "I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."
“我一直都承认是我的热情在控制着我。”
3: "I fell off my pink cloud with a thud."
“砰的一声,我从我的粉色云端跌落。”
4: "I am a very committed wife. And I should be committed too - for being married so many times."
5: "I don't think President Bush is doing anything at all about Aids. In fact, I'm not sure he even knows how to spell Aids."
“我觉得布什总统根本没有为艾滋病做任何事。事实上,我都不能确定他会不会拼艾滋这个单词。”
6: "I really don't remember much about Cleopatra. There were a lot of other things going on."
“关于《埃及艳后》我记得的真的不多。还有很多别的事儿在进行呢。”
7: "I suppose when they reach a certain age some men are afraid to grow up. It seems the older the men get, the younger their new wives get."
8: "I’m a survivor - a living example of what people can go through and survive."
“我是个幸存者——是一个经历过苦难而且生存下来的活生生的榜样。”
9: "I've been through it all, baby, I'm mother courage."
10: "Everything makes me nervous - except making films."
“拍电影以外的所有事情都让我紧张。”
11: "I've only slept with men I've been married to. How many women can make that claim?"
“我只跟和我结婚的男人上过床。有几个女人敢这么说?”
12: "If someone's dumb enough to offer me a million dollars to make a picture, I'm certainly not dumb enough to turn it down."
“如果有人笨到要花100万美元为我拍张照片,我当然不会笨到拒绝他。”
13: "Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses."
“我的最佳男主角中有一些是狗和马。”
14: "Success is a great deodorant."
“成功是个伟大的除臭剂。”
15: "You find out who your real friends are when you're involved in a scandal."
“当你身陷丑闻当中的时候才会发现谁是你真正的朋友。”
16: "It's not the having, it's the getting."
“重要的不是拥有,而是得到。”
17: "Marriage is a great institution."
“婚姻是一所好学校。”
18: "People who know me well, call me Elizabeth. I dislike Liz."
“跟我很熟的人都叫我伊丽莎白,我不喜欢别人叫我利兹。”
19: "So much to do, so little done, such things to be."
“要做的事情有那么多,完成的却只有那么一点。事情就是这样。”
20: "I don't like my voice. I don't like the way I look. I don't like the way I move. I don't like the way I act. I mean, period. So, you know, I don't like myself."
“我不喜欢我的声音。我不喜欢我的外表。我不喜欢我走路的样子。我不喜欢我的表演方式。我真的这样认为。所以,你看,我不喜欢我自己。”